Monday, July 14, 2008

Week 5 project 5B

I decided to do my reflection on David Kim. for project 4A World Cities. David's title says group # 2 tobar, steinbeck,humes and warshaw.

David mentioned that he was unaware of Los Angeles's public tranportation system had very little adapations to it since the early 1960's. This reminded me of my research in Project 3A where I compared Los Angeles and New York City.


David mentioned that he was unaware of that the name california was from the text of Las Sergas de Esplandian. this he read in Thomas Stienbecks story of "Montalvo,Myths and dreams of Home." This was something that I was unaware of also.


As far as Freire's ideas on dialogue I would have to say David brought the idea of history to my report. He explained that in surfacing by Matt Warshaw Santa Cruz was the first place in the united states where surfing occurred.

Our projects helped with the readings because it gave us things to look for in beaches and world cities which is exactly what these readings covered.

No comments: