Friday, June 27, 2008

Week 2 Project 2C- CA CHOICE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/education_in_california

I decided to research these as a college student myself I was unaware of the classification of what makes a college a UC or CSU or etc. As I get closer to completing my degree at the Junior college I must asses what is the next step for myself, at this point I'm debating either Sacramento State or Sonoma State. I felt it was a perfect time to learn about further education.

Further Education in California is similar to humanities in the regards that schools are highly analytical,speculative, critical and some are more distinguished then others. These education campuses are broken into four different sub-sections.

The first of which is University California (UC) has ten major campuses. Theses Campuses are located in Berkeley, Los Angeles, San Diego, Davis, Santa Cruz, Santa Barbara, Irvine, Riverside, Merced and San Francisco. Each campus is headed by a chancellor which is appointed by a board of regents. The UC system only accepts students within the top 12.5% of college-bound students.

The second of which is California State University (CSU) is the largest university system in the United States. CSU only accept the top 1/3 of all college-bound students.

Thirdly we have California community colleges. These include vocational education,remedial education, continuing education and the general education which is transferable to a CSU or UC.

Last but not least is the private universities which may include religious and special-non purpose institutions.

No comments: