Monday, June 23, 2008

Week 1 Project 1C

For this assignment I decided to pick two people at random; Jena Barcojo and Joseph Fitch.

Jena Baracojo is taking this class to hopefully become more worldly and further her understanding of the arts. While Joseph Fitch is hoping to learn more about other cultures, religions,races and ethnicity's.

Jena Baracojo wrote about Paulo Freire in a almost autobiography format. This made me feel uncomfortable with my decision to write about it like I did. I was able to learn from Jena's assignment that Paulo friere died of a heart attack and as she put "Even though Paulo was absent for his people he was still reaching out to them through his words, and hopes to challenging the minds of those and to start exercise his theory."

In reading Joseph Fitch's article on Paulo Freire, I am immediately drawn to his nice formatting and titles. It is obvious that he has some web-page experience. He articulates his writings very well and in all honesty made my work feel in superior. Unfortunately I was unable to to learn any new facts from his writings because we had used the same sources. I did learn that I should have cited my sources.

No comments: