Friday, June 27, 2008

Week 2 Project 2A : CA place

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/sebastopol,_California
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhY3W3zognY


Humanities is the study of human conditions it approaches the arts of natural and social science.Sebastopol is connected to the study of humanities because of it vast differences in their agriculture and there concerns with the environment as a whole. Sebastopol prides it self on being a nuclear free city and has several sister cities they communicate with on a normal basis. They have grown from a town of apples to a city of apples,and grapes.


I decided to do my California place report on the town of Sebastopol,Ca. When I think of sebastopol I feel a great fondness in my heart. I've spent my entire childhood living there and have watched as the town progressed into the small city it is now. Sebastopol has grown to a more culturally diverse city with three Starbucks in it. It saddens me to think that i will never be able to afford to own a house in this town because i feel that it is a GREAT place to raise a family.

One thing that I learned in my research is that"sebastopol first came into use in the late 1850's as a result of a prolonged and lively fist fight in the newly formed town, which was likened to the long british siege of the russian seaport of Sevastopol during the then-raging crimean war." Wikipedia

No comments: